Resort pier blaze under investigation

A suspicious fire which badly damaged a toilet block on Blackpool's Central Pier was being investigated today.

Sunday, 28th May 2017, 11:20 am
Updated Sunday, 4th June 2017, 8:51 pm

Firefighters were called to the pier at around 10.50pm last night.

A large bin in the gents’ toilet block was ablaze.

Four crews wearing breathing apparatus attended and tackled the blaze using a jet.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The block was badly damaged and smoke damage was also caused to the ladies toilets.

A fire brigade spokesman said the origin was suspicious.

Police have been informed.