Two treated for smoke inhalation after ‘electrical fire’ breaks out in basement of hotel in Blackpool

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the basement of a commercial building in Blackpool.

By Sean Gleaves
Thursday, 4th August 2022, 1:26 pm
Updated Thursday, 4th August 2022, 1:26 pm

Emergency services swarmed Charnley Road following reports a small fire had broken out in the basement of a hotel at around 6.30pm on Wednesday (August 3).

Four fire engines from Blackpool, Bispham, and St Annes attended as well as two rapid response vehicles, two ambulances and a number of police vehicles.

“There were two patients but both were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation” a spokesman for North West Ambulance Service said.

Dozens of fire engines, ambulances and police vehicles descended on Charnley Road in Blackpool (Credit: Sarah Osborne)

“[They] did not require a trip to hospital.”

Read More

Read More
Two Blackpool men arrested after cars stolen during series of residential burgla...

Police closed the road in both directions as emergency crews worked to make the area safe.

Firefighters wearing six breathing apparatus used three hose reel jets, and a positive pressure ventilation unit to extinguish the flames.

The incident reportedly involved a small fire in the basement of a commercial building (Credit: Sarah Osborne)

Eyewitnesses reported the situation was under control by about 9pm, but fire crews remained at the scene for approximately six hours to carry out final checks.