Start and end dates revealed as EFL announce key dates for 2021/22 season
The 2021/22 campaign will get underway on the weekend of August 7, the EFL has revealed.
This is a return to the 'normal' calendar, so to speak, with the league fixtures beginning a month earlier than the Covid-affected 2020/21 season.
The final game day will be played on the weekend of April 30, 2022.
EFL play-offs will once again be staged at Wembley Stadium across two weekends in May.
The League One final will be played on Saturday, May 21, 2022.
The Championship and League Two play-off finals will take centre stage the following weekend (May 28 and 29).
Details regarding the 2021/22 fixture release day will be announced in due course, the EFL said.
Key dates for the 2021/22 campaign
- Start date – Saturday, August 7, 2021 (with a live television game likely on Friday, August 6)
- Carabao Cup first round – w/c August 9, 2021
- Carabao Cup final – Sunday, February 27, 2022
- Papa John’s Trophy first round – w/c August 30, 2021
- Papa John’s Trophy final – Sunday, April 3, 2022
- Regular season final day:
League One – weekend of April 30, 2022
League Two & Championship – weekend of May 7/8, 2022
- League One play-off final – Saturday, May 21, 2022
- League Two play-off final – Saturday, May 28, 2022
- Championship play-off final – Sunday, May 29, 2022
Thanks for reading. If you value what we do and are able to support us, a digital subscription is just £1 for your first month. Try us today by clicking here