These are the UK’s top 20 ultimate hidden gems - have you visited any of them?
Have you ever wanted to visit somewhere new, but escape the hustle and bustle of tourist attractions and discover a place relatively unknown by others?
Hayes & Jarvis have revealed the top secret spots in the UK, where you can explore a host of hidden gems without a crowd of others around.
The travel agency analysed over 100,000 tourist attractions across the world to uncover the ultimate secret spots, defining a Secret Spot as having a “low number of TripAdvisor reviews but a high proportion of five star reviews.”
Llyn y Fan Fach in Wales claimed the top spot, with tourists labelling it as “absolutely breathtaking” and a “magical walk”.
Scotland’s Bosta Beach took the second spot, with the country’s Mull Head Nature Reserve also taking third place.
Bosta Beach can be found on the Outer Hebrides island of Great Bernera (Photo: Shutterstock)
These are the UK’s top 20 secret spots
1. Llyn y Fan Fach - a small lake which is tucked behind a steep mountain in the Brecon Beacons National Park
2. Bosta Beach - Bosta Beach can be found on the Outer Hebrides island of Great Bernera
3. Mull Head Nature Reserve - located in Deerness, which is a peninsula of mainland Orkney
4. Huisinis Beach - this beautiful beach is hidden away on the Isle of Harris, and is located in Scotland's Outer Hebrides
5. Hafod Uchtryd - a wooded estate located near the Cambrian mountains of Ceredigion, located in Wales
6. Dinosaur Expeditions CIC - the Dinosaur Farm (or Lower Sutton Farm) is situated near Brighstone on the Isle of Wight
7. Penrhos Country Park - beautiful views at the Penrhos Country Park found on the Welsh island of Anglesey
8. Talyllyn Lake - this stunning lake sits at the bottom of Cadair Idris, a mountain in the Snowdonia mountain range
9. Hill Garden & Pergola - meandering paths lead through flowery gardens and pillar-flanked walkways in this pretty spot near Hampstead Heath
10. An Lochan Uaine - this small green lake, or lochan, is located in Glenmore Forest, Aviemore11. Black Cuillin - one of the famous rocky ridges of the Isle of Skye's Cuillin mountain range
12. Painted Hall - the Old Royal Naval College's Painted Hall was created over 19 years by Sir James Thornhill
13. Dr Neil's Garden - one of Edinburgh's hidden gems, located on the banks of the pretty Duddingston Loch
14. Wye Valley and Forest of Dean - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty located on the border between England and Wales
15. Trotternish Ridge - a breathtaking series of hills that run over 30 km along the Isle of Skye's Trotternish peninsula
16. Traeth Mawr Beach - located near the village of Aberffraw, Traeth Mawr Beach is known for its peaceful stretches of seaside
17. 21 Mile Drive - the 21 Mile Drive that winds through Exmoor National Park is one of the most scenic driving routes in the country
18. Pentland Hills - the pretty Pentland Hills sit just outside of Edinburgh, Scotland
19. Glenmore Forest Park - featuring ancient forests, picturesque mountains, and pretty sand-edged lochs
20. Caerau Uchaf Gardens - situated 1,000 feet above sea level, these gardens are the highest of their kind in North Wales