Warning over tumble dryers after resort blaze

Residents have been warned not to leave their tumble dryers on unattended '“ especially while they're in bed.

Monday, 26th September 2016, 9:39 am
Updated Tuesday, 4th October 2016, 1:48 pm
The fire service has issued a warning after a tumble dryer blaze in Blackpool

It comes after firefighters were called to an outhouse in the back garden of a home in Liverpool Road, Blackpool, at around 1.45am today.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Nobody was hurt but the outhouse was badly damaged and the tumble dryer was destroyed, a fire service spokesman said.

Residents should also ensure they clean their machine’s filter to avoid fires, he added.