Two taken to hospital after fire at Marton home

Fire crews from Blackpool, South Shore and St Anneswere called to a "persons reported" fire on Claytongate j
Fire crews from Blackpool, South Shore and St Anneswere called to a "persons reported" fire on Claytongate j
Share this article

An adult and child were taken to hospital suffering with smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at their home in Marton.

Fire crews from Blackpool, South Shore and St Annes were called to a "persons reported" fire on Claytongate just after 9pm on Sunday, July 22.

Read more stories: Man arrested on suspicion of murder after Fleetwood death
The fire is believed to have started in kitchen lighting say crews.

A spokesman for the fire service said: "We went to an incident which was initially a persons reported fire.

"On arrival however, all people were outside of the building.

"People breathed in smoke and they were taken to hospital for a precautionary check.

"Firefighters used a hose reel and a fan to put the fire out and clear smoke."

Ambulance crews confirmed they took an adult and child to hospital with "non-major trauma".