WATCH: Crash man's hunt for good Samaritan biker

A man involved in a three car smash on one of the Fylde coast's busiest roads is desperate to track down a good Samaritan who came to his aid.

Friday, 19th May 2017, 4:49 pm
Updated Sunday, 4th June 2017, 9:40 pm
Paul Beatty was in a crash on Amounderness Way

Paul Beatty, who is waiting for a lung operation, was given aid after the accident in Amounderness Way on Tuesday.

Mr Beatty, who has to travel with a personal oxygen supply, was in a line of stationary traffic when his car was involved in the shunt.

In the chaos that followed a man stopped to make sure he was safe.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The accident happened on a stretch of Amounderness Way close to the Morrisons supermarket.

Vehicles had stopped at traffic lights for a pedestrian crossing when the incident happened.

Mr Beatty, 40, said: “Coming off the roundabout the road goes from two lanes into one. The traffic had stopped just after the roundabout.

“All of a sudden there was a thud, the next I knew somebody had gone into the back of my car.

“I’m not sure what happened but it must have been quite an impact, you could see from the damage to the cars at the back of the line.

“I had my partner and a friend in the car. I checked they were OK and then got out.

“If I think now I must have been standing in the other lane, if a car had come the other way I might have been hit.

“All of a sudden there’s a man standing with me. He took me to safety, to the side of the road.

“My partner then got my oxygen supply from the car.”

Mr Beatty remained at the scene while police carried out their work.

And while he was waiting, he was spoken to by a passing biker.

He said: “This guy stopped and asked if I was OK.

“He asked if I knew who he was and then told me he’d helped me right after the crash.

“I don’t know who he was but I’d just like to say thank you. It is a good thing he did.”

Mr Beatty was able to drive his Audi away from the accident scene. A mini and a Skoda were more seriously damaged.

Three people were taken to hospital following the smash. The road was shut for more than an hour.