Firefighters attend kitchen blaze in Blackpool

A blaze which broke out in the kitchen of a ground floor flat in the Norbreck area had to be dealt with by firefighters in the early hours of this morning.

Saturday, 2nd March 2019, 9:25 am
Updated Saturday, 2nd March 2019, 10:32 am
Firefighters attended a ground floor flat where a blaze had broken out in the kitchen

Bispham and Blackpool fire crews were mobilised to the incident on Norbreck Road, just after midnight.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

There were no casualties and firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to put the fire out and a portable fan to extract the smoke and heat.

The cause of the fire is to be established.