Thornton, Cleveleys, and Poulton Police warning over laughing gas dangers
A number of used laughing gas canisters have been found in various spots across Poulton in recent weeks, police said, sparking a warning to parents.
“We are appealing to parents to talk to their children about the dangers of inhaling laughing gas,” a spokesman for Thornton, Cleveleys, and Poulton Police said.
Laughing gas, or nitrous oxide, has several legitimate uses but when inhaled it can make people feel euphoric and relaxed, while some report hallucinations.
However, abusing the substance can be deadly, as a lack of oxygen can occur, especially if it is consumed in an enclosed space or in a substantial quantity.