Pressall garage catches fire due to a tumble dryer

A tumble dryer was the cause of a garage fire in Pressall earlier this morning.

Monday, 22nd October 2018, 3:05 pm
Updated Tuesday, 23rd October 2018, 4:26 am
Two fire crews attended the scene.

The incident happened at a property on Sandy Lane yesterday shortly before 11am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews from Preesall and Fleetwood attended the incident.

The crews used a jet to extinguish the fire and no one was believed to have been injured.

A Lancashire Fire spokesman said: "Two fire engines from Preesall and Fleetwood attended a fire involving a tumble dryer in a garage on Sandy Lane in Preesall. Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used one jet to extinguish the fire."