Grasmere Road fire: Blackpool firefighters investigate tumble dryer that went up in smoke

Blackpool firefighters are investigating the cause of a tumble dryer fire on Grasmere Road.

Friday, 2nd August 2019, 12:03 pm
Lancashire Fire and Rescue were called to Grasmere Road.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that they were called at 12:50am on today to a fire on Grasmere Road in Central Blackpool.

There, two crews from Blackpool found a tumble dryer on fire in the outbuilding of a house.

Read More

Read More
Whirlpool launches recall of fire risk tumble dryers

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Lancashire Fire and Rescue were called to Grasmere Road.

Firefighters say one person at the scene was suffering from smoke inhalation but said that they refused treatment.

Crews spent forty minutes at the scene and used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to put out the tumble dryer.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service were unable to confirm the model or brand of the appliance, and said that the cause of the fire was still under investigation.