Microwaved food sparks 999 drama

Food accidentally left in a microwave for too long sparked a 999 call-out yesterday evening.

Tuesday, 21st June 2016, 9:11 am
Updated Tuesday, 21st June 2016, 10:13 am

Firefighters from Bispham and Fleetwood were called to a home in Windsor Avenue, Thornton, at around 10.35pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The burning food had generated smoke, and one person had to be treated by paramedics after breathing it in, a spokesman for the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said.

For a free home fire safety check, call 0800 169 11 25.