Fire crews called out to vape shop fire in Cleveleys

Fire crews were called out to tackle a fire at a vape shop in Cleveleys today (Tuesday, March 9).

Tuesday, 9th March 2021, 12:48 pm
Updated Wednesday, 10th March 2021, 10:06 am

Four fire engines were mobilised to deal with the fire at Vapers' Choice in Victoria Road West at around 9.45am.

Fire crews used hose reels and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire and no injuries have been reported.

A fire service spokesman said: "At 9.48am, three fire engines from Fleetwood and Blackpool attended a commercial building fire on Victoria Road, Cleveleys

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews were called out to tackle a fire at a vape shop in Cleveleys today (Tuesday, March 9)
Fire crews were called out to tackle a fire at a vape shop in Cleveleys today (Tuesday, March 9)

"The fire was located on the flat roof of the property and was out on arrival.

"Crews used a positive pressure ventilation unit and small tools to make the building safe and were at the scene for approximately ninety minutes."

The manager of Vapers' Choice, Luis Hithersay, said no-one has been injured and the shop will reopen on Wednesday (March 10).

He said: "The fire was from an external source on the back roof of the building, but there was no actual fire.

Four fire engines were mobilised to deal with the fire at Vapers' Choice in Victoria Road West at around 10am today (March 9)

"A plumber or roofer was burning away some expanding foam to fix the roof but it turns out there was a hole in the ceiling that had not been spotted previously, which caused smoke to fall through into the shop.

"The fire brigade were called out as a precaution because when I entered the shop this morning I saw smoke building up.

"From what the fire brigade have told me, there was no fire just smoke coming from what was being burnt above.

"But everybody is safe and okay and our store will be back open tomorrow.

Fire crews used hose reels and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire and no injuries have been reported

"The roof is being fixed as a priority and this will not happen again."

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service hasbeen approached for further details