Education hub with eco twist

Education hub with eco twist is officially opened

By The Newsroom
Sunday, 26th April 2015, 10:00 am

The ‘eco pod’ at Park View was opened by Susan Smith and Jane Pinnock, trustees from Soroptimist Fylde Limited.

The building has been 
developed by Julie Norman, park ranger and forest school practitioner at the park.

Demand for environmental education on the park has increased with schools, uniform groups and wildlife clubs regularly using the park.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Mrs Norman said: “We are delighted that all of our funders are delighted with this new facility and are very pleased that Pod Living who designed it created a space that is multi-purpose, environmentally-friendly and sustainable.

“Every day people visit the building just to have a look around and ask how they can use it.”

The Lytham Schools Foundation and the Lancashire Environmental Fund provided 20 per cent of the funding with the remaining 80 per cent provided by Soroptimist Fylde Limited, the charitable arm of Soroptimist International of the Fylde.

Trustees from the charity were staggered by the amount of people who can benefit from the project.

Susan Smith and Jane Pinnock unveiling the plaque at the new Eco pod

Jane Pinnock said: “Park View 4U is a fantastic team of enthusiastic, creative, 
hard-working individuals,
 including the staff and trustees.

“When the Soroptimists learnt that Park View 4U were raising money to build an eco classroom as the next phase in the development of the community facilities at the park, it was a relatively easy decision to offer to work with them to achieve this vision.”