Detectives have tonight (December 1) revealed a murder probe launched following the discovery had been dropped.
A 55-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of the man’s murder has been released without charge.
Officers were called at around 4.55pm on Monday after the man, in his 50s, was found critically injured with stab wounds inside the home in North Houses Lanes.
Emergency services were called to the home at 4.55pm, but despite the best efforts of paramedics, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man has not yet been formally identified.
Crime scene investigators remained at the scene yesterday afternoon where a blue forensics tent had been set up in the driveway in front of the garage.
A number of police vehicles were parked outside the home as well, which had been cordoned off with police tape.
A Mercedes-Benz C-Class and a Volkswagen Golf could be seen on the driveway of the property, which is estimated to be valued at more than £400,000.
Having initially appealed for witnesses as part of a major murder inquiry, the force last night issued a statement saying detectives were no longer looking for suspects in relation to the incident.
A spokesman said: “His death was initially being treated as suspicious as officers worked to establish how he came about his injuries.
“Following a post-mortem examination today and further investigation work carried out by detectives, we can now confirm that the man’s death is no longer being treated as suspicious.”
Det Ch Insp Jane Webb, of the Force Major Investigation Team, said: “I appreciate this incident will have caused the community a great deal of concern and I would like to thank them for their patience as we fully investigated how the man came about his fatal injuries.
“The woman arrested yesterday has now been released and will face no further action. I also want to make it clear that we are not looking for anybody else in connection with the man’s tragic death.
“My thoughts remain with the deceased males loved ones at this at this incredibly difficult time.”
The incident shocked nearby residents. Many dog walkers were seen walking past the house yesterday, when the murder probe was in full swing.
Derek Andrews, of Harrogate Road, St Annes, said: “It has completely shocked me. I walk down this street and past the house with the dog every day and I have never seen any problems or police down here before. It feels very eery to be honest.”
Carrie Harcourt of Edwinstowe Road, St Annes, also walks her dog along North Houses Lane daily.
She said: “My thoughts are with the man who has died and his family.”
It is more important than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism.
For unlimited access to news and information online, you can subscribe here.