Detectives continue to question man suspected of murdering 71 year old Marlene McCabe in West Park Drive

Officers in Blackpool are still quizzing a man they think murdered Marlene McCabe.

Friday, 6th September 2019, 11:03 am
Police confirmed that a 25 year old man was still in custody.

The 71 year old had suffered "serious head and facial injuries" in the attack at her family home in West Park Drive, shortly before 6pm on Wednesday, September 4.

A 25 year old man, who police say "was known" to Mrs McCabe, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder.

Read More

Read More
READ MORE >>> Man denies murdering retired Blackpool lecturer with crossbow

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Police confirmed that a 25 year old man was still in custody.

This morning officers confirmed that he was still in their custody.

Yesterday they said a post-mortem examination would be carried out by a Home Office pathologist to formally establish the cause of death.

When asked whether any weapons had been recovered, a police spokesman said the matter was "forming part of the investigation".