Crews tackle kitchen blaze

Emergency crews were called when a dishwasher caught fire.

Saturday, 28th May 2016, 7:08 pm
Updated Saturday, 28th May 2016, 8:18 pm

The incident happened at around 5pm in Harrington Avenue, South Shore.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters from Blackpool and St Annes attended and managed to extinguish the flames and clear smoke from the kitchen of the house.

The dishwasher was severely damaged by fire and there was heat and smoke damage to the kitchen.

Nobody was hurt in the incident, the occupants of the property having been alerted by smoke alarms.