Blaze after bath tub catches fire in a Blackpool bathroom

A bathroom fire in Blackpool is believed to have been started after a bath tub caught fire.

Sunday, 4th November 2018, 8:24 am
Updated Sunday, 4th November 2018, 9:33 am
The incident happened at a property on Burlington Road.
The incident happened at a property on Burlington Road.

Firefighters were called out to a property on Burlington Road, South Shore shortly before 10pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

When crews from South Shore arrived they found the fire involved a plastic bath tub in the bathroom of the property.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The fire was out on arrival of firefighters, however they did use a ventilation unit to clear the property of smoke."

There were no casualties reported.