Blackpool woman escaped unhurt after her coat caught fire
A woman from Blackpool escaped unhurt after the coat she was wearing caught fire.
The 87-year-old, a resident of Hudson Road, had been cooking when a flames caught hold of her clothing today at around 2.20pm.
Acting crew manager at Bispham Fire, Stewart Bromwich said: “She was totally fine. She’s just a bit confused.
“She had a pan on the stove and when she went to bend down it caught the back of her jacket.
“She was unhurt. The fire didn’t go any further than her jacket.”