School’s out for good: Some of the Fylde coast’s lost schools

Opening of Queen Mary School, Ansdell, 1930.
Opening of Queen Mary School, Ansdell, 1930.

Prompted by the fact Elmslie School, on Whitegate Drive, would have marked 100 years next month, we delved into the archives for pictures of other lost Fylde Coast educational establishments.

Tyldesley School pictured in 1980. 'Previously Collegiate girls school'corner of Forest Gate and Beech Avenue

Tyldesley School pictured in 1980. 'Previously Collegiate girls school'corner of Forest Gate and Beech Avenue

Fleetwood Grammar School, Poulton Road, in 1988

Fleetwood Grammar School, Poulton Road, in 1988

The Grange, Dingle Ave Grange Park, the former Grange Park school, before Boundary School was opened.

The Grange, Dingle Ave Grange Park, the former Grange Park school, before Boundary School was opened.

Arnold School in the 1920s

Arnold School in the 1920s

The ceremony at the laying of the foundation stone at Arnold Girls School , Bispham Road, Bispham in 1951. This school later became Greenlands High School and then Bispham High School.

The ceremony at the laying of the foundation stone at Arnold Girls School , Bispham Road, Bispham in 1951. This school later became Greenlands High School and then Bispham High School.