Children’s book Jumblebum proved to be the most popular book in Lancashire.
Figures released after a Freedom Of Information request showed the book by Chae Strathie was borrowed from Lancashire’s libraries more than any other book.
It was borrowed 2,151 times between October 1, 2014 and September 30, 2015.
The book is about the importance of tidying up and sees the Jumblebum beast visit a boy’s messy bedroom.
Five of the 10 most popular books borrowed across Fylde and Wyre were children’s books.
In second place was Dr Duck by Steve Smallman (1,983 loans), third was Shifty McGifty And Slippery Sam by Tracey Corderoy (1,843 loans), fourth was Private Peaceful by former children’s laureate Michael Morpurgo (1,506 loans), and the ninth most popular book was Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Greg Heffley’s Journal by Jeff Kinney (1,371 loans).
Two of the five adult books among the top 10 were written by American author James Patterson - Invisible (1,480 loans) and Burn (1,465 loans).
Also on the list were Abattoir Blues by Peter Robinson (1,404 loans), Personal by Lee Child (1,378 loans) and Michael Connelly’s The Room (1,310 loans).
There were a total of 1,505,593 books available to borrow from libraries in Lancashire during that time, with 4,733,076 loans taking places.
But that was a reduction of eight per cent from the year before, when 5,149,742 loans were carried out.
There was also a drop in the number of DVDs borrowed from the libraries.
There were 147,394 loans between October 1, 2014 and September 30, 2015, compared to 163,007 loans the year before - a reduction of 9.5 per cent.
The most popular DVD was war drama The Book Thief, which was borrowed 550 times.
Among the films also in the top 10 were Maleficent (526 loans), Gone Girl (448 loans) and How To Train Your Dragon 2 (410 loans).
Most borrowed books
1. Jumblebum by Chae Strathie (2,151 loans)
2. Dr Duck by Steve Smallman (1,983)
3. Shifty McGifty And Slippery Sam by Tracey Corderoy (1,843)
4. Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo (1,506)
5. Invisible by James Patterson (1,480)
6. Burn by James Patterson (1,465)
7. Abattoir Blues by Peter Robinson (1,404)
8. Personal by Lee Child (1,378)
9. Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Greg Heffley’s Journal by Jeff Kinney (1,371)
10. The Burning Room by Michael Connelly (1,310)
Most borrowed DVDs
1. The Book Thief (550 loans)
2. Maleficent (526)
3. Twelve Years A Slave (468)
4. The Grand Budapest Hotel (468)
5. Gone Girl (448)
6. Noah (446)
7. Divergent (436)
8. Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (430)
9. How To Train Your Dragon 2 (410)
10. The Imitation Game (410)