Welcome to our subscriber terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). These Terms and Conditions set out the terms that apply to your digital subscription. Please read these carefully to make sure you understand these terms and how they apply to you. Your contract is with JPIMedia Publishing Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11499982 and our registered office is at Third Floor, 1 King William Street, London, EC4N 7AF. Our registered VAT number is 308 6657 81. You can contact us via the contact details at the foot of these Terms and Conditions.
- Territory: The subscription service is only available in the UK where the newspaper is sold. We cannot accept any orders for subscriptions out with the UK.
- Age: We are only able to contract with you if you have the power to enter into this contract. This means that you will only be able to enter into this contract if you are 18 years or older (or 16 years or older if you live in Scotland).
- Access to our Content:
- 3.1 You are not required to purchase anything for certain limited use of our website. However, if you do not purchase a subscription your access to its content and services will be limited. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information on this
- 3.2 By subscribing to our digital subscription you will be given unlimited access to online content and free access to the mobile app.
- 3.3 Whilst we try to ensure that our mobile app and online edition are available widely on tablets, smartphones, iPhone and iPad, we cannot guarantee that our app and online edition will be available on all such devices. If you cannot access our app or online edition on your specific device and we are not able to resolve this for you then you shall be entitled to cancel your subscription and receive a full refund. Our websites are designed to support the current versions of widely used web browsers, including Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
- 3.4 Please be aware that this is an instantly accessible service and by purchasing a subscription the service will start immediately. Please see clause 7 below for your cancellation rights.
- Minimum Subscription Periods: Subscriptions are either on a monthly or annual basis and you will not be able to terminate your subscription during these minimum terms, although you do have a right to change your mind about your subscription within the first 14 days of your order, please see clause 7.2 below
- 5.1 When you purchase a digital subscription, the price will be made clear during the order process. You agree to pay the price that is stated at the time of your order. You also agree to the billing frequency stated at the time of your order (this will be on a monthly or annual basis).
- 5.2 We accept all major credit and debit cards. We will charge or debit your payment method at the beginning of your subscription. Billing will continue according to the cycle stated at the time of your order (this will be on a monthly or annual basis).
- 5.3 Proof of purchase will be sent to the registered email address.
- 5.4 A subscription may become invalid if JPIMedia Publishing Ltd is unable to secure payment for the service.
- 5.5 If you pay for your subscription by Direct Debit, we will adhere to the guidelines set out in the Direct Debit Guarantee. This information is detailed in the welcome and payment confirmation email.
- 5.6 Your direct debit payment will appear as “JPIMedia Publishing Ltd” on your bank statement.
- 5.7 If you pay for your digital subscription by credit card, details will be included in your welcome email.
- 5.8 If you pay by credit card, the payment will appear as “JPIMedia Publishing Ltd” on your credit card statement.
- Exclusive or Introductory Offers: If you take up an exclusive or introductory offer your subscription price will automatically revert to a higher price once your offer period ends unless you terminate your subscription as outlined below. Please refer to your welcome email for full details.
- 7.1 Minimum Subscription Periods: You will not be able to terminate your subscription during the minimum subscription period you have chosen (monthly or annual), although please see clause 7.2 below on your right to change your mind within the first 14 days of your order.
- 7.2 Termination within 14 days of subscribing: You may cancel your order within 14 days of subscribing and you shall receive a refund of any payment that you have paid to us without undue delay (using the same payment method used by you to purchase your subscription, unless you agree otherwise) and, in any event, not later than 14 days after you cancel provided that we shall be entitled to retain payment for any of your subscription you have already received. Unlimited access to the website and the mobile app will stop immediately.
- 7.3 Termination after 14 days of subscribing: If you do not cancel your subscription within 14 days of subscribing, then:
Your subscription will automatically continue on a monthly basis until you cancel your subscription. You may send us notification to cancel your subscription at any time (subject to the below) but your subscription will only terminate at the end of your relevant minimum subscription period. We must receive your notice at least 72 hours before your next scheduled payment is due for your subscription to come to an end at your current subscription period. If notice of your intention to cancel your subscription is not received by us at least 72 hours before your next scheduled payment is due, then you will be required to make your next scheduled payment and your subscription will continue until the end of that subscription period.
Your subscription will continue for an initial 12-month period and will then automatically continue for further 12-month periods until you cancel your subscription. You may send us notification to cancel your subscription at any time (subject to the below) but your subscription will only terminate at the end of your relevant 12-month subscription period. We must receive your notice at least 72 hours before your next scheduled payment is due for your subscription to come to an end at your current subscription period. If notice of your intention to cancel your subscription is not received by us at least 72 hours before your next scheduled payment is due, then you will be required to make your next scheduled payment and your subscription will continue until the end of that subscription period.
- Monthly subscriptions:
- 7.4 You stop paying for your subscription: If you stop paying for your subscription, we may terminate your subscription immediately without any liability to you and you will not be entitled to a refund of any money you have already paid for your subscription.
- 7.5 Where we may stop or suspend your subscription: We may stop or suspend providing the subscription to you at any time if we consider that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions by notifying you at the registered email address.
- 7.6 How to cancel your subscription: You can change or cancel your digital subscription at any time by logging into your account and selecting option “Manage my account” or by calling our Customer Care on 0330 403 0066 option 3. You may also change or cancel your digital subscription by emailing us at email@example.com and providing your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. You may also print off the form here and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of your subscription and your name and address.
- Our Liability: We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the subscription for private use. If you use the subscription for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability
to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and for breach of your legal rights in relation to the subscription service.
- Amendments: We may make amendments to these Terms and Conditions to reflect changes in the law or in how we conduct our business. If we amend these Terms and Conditions we will notify you by sending an email to the registered email address and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any services paid for but not received.
- Transfer: We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- Rights of other Parties: Nobody else has any rights under these Terms and Conditions. Your contract is between you and us.
- Enforceability: If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver of Rights: Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms and Conditions, we can still enforce them later. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the subscription, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Delays outside our control: If our supply of the subscription service is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the subscription and receive a full refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings: These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.