Poulton and District Primary League review

Fleetwood Reds
Fleetwood Reds
Share this article
Have your say

Fleetwood Town Reds scored a splendid 5-0 first round win over Blackpool Rangers Seasiders as the U11 Coulton Cup and plate competition got under way in the Poulton and District Primary League.

The first half was a tight affair, both defences showing resilience.

Raby was quick off his line on several occasions to clear for the Seasiders.

The Blackpool side failed to capitalise on good efforts created by Earnshaw, Wilson, Poole and Kirby.

The deadlock was broken in the 35th minute by Jackson. A second from Deery followed 12 minutes later.

Hartson snatched a third goal after 48 minutes, then Mercer made it 4-0 before Deery rounded off the scoring.

In the under-nine Coulton Cup, BJFF Blades Blues beat Fleetwood Town Whites in the first round, while Poulton FC Stripes overcame Clifton Rangers Hornets.

Preston’s penalty cancelled out Clifton’s earlier strike.

Poulton couldn’t finish off their chances until they scored from a deflected corner.

In the second half ,a Hayes’ cross was converted by Cocker before Preston scored from a free-kick and Manson finished off a flowing, team move.

In the second round of the under-11 Coulton Cup, Lytham Juniors won at Layton Juniors Clarets.

The contest went to a penalty shoot-out after the scores were locked at 2-2.

Lytham went 2-0 up before Clarets reduced the arrears with a strike by Taylor Davis-Hall.

Early in the second half a goal from Harley Liddle made the game all-square. Lytham won the shoot-out 4-2.

In the Coulton Plate, Fleetwood Gym Wolves beat Fleetwood Gym Warriors in the first round.

The Warriors got off to a fine start by scoring first against the Wolves and later ran out easy winners.

In the under-12 league, BJFF Blades continued their march towards the title with a 2-1 win against YMCA.

The champions-elect started brightly and took the lead after 10 minutes.

YMCA played their way back into the game and were rewarded with an equaliser thanks to a fine strike from Ashley Waterfield.

The visitors eventually grabbed the winner just before half-time.

There were no goals in the second half as Ben Elliott and Zane Seddon both impressed for YMCA.