Lytham Green Drive professional Sarah Walton is leaving the club.
She has secured a position as head professional at Kington Golf Club in Herefordshire and will start her new job next month.
Head professional at Green Drive Simon Williamson said: “Sarah has been an integral part of our team for the last 12 months and she will be sadly missed.”
Green Drive’s George Baker scored his first hole-in-one, using a six-iron on the 13th hole, the ball bouncing twice and going straight into the hole.
Nigel Simpson won the Green Drive national PGA pro-am qualifer.
He prevailed after a card play-off with a score of 87-19-68.
Division One winner was Tom Baldwin (82-12-70) while the Division Two prize was won by Gary Gregson (83-15-68)
• Blackpool North Shore Club still have spaces left for their open four-ball on Friday.
Entry is £15 per person with a prize fund of over £500.
Bookings may be done online at www.bnsgc.com or call the golf shop on 01253 354640.
• There’s a healthy mixture of youth and experience lined up for this week’s PGA in England and Wales (North) 36-hole qualifying schools, among them Sophie Shearer, formelry linked to Fairhaven in her amateur days.
Also taking part were Paul Walker (Knott End) Ewan Paterson (Fairhaven) John Twissell (Garstang) and John Barclay (Myerscough)
• The Rest Of Lancashire lost 8-4 to an under-strength Bolton Golf Association at Duncsar.
• De Vere Herons Reach, Blackpool staged a successful demonstration day when the TaylorMade Tour Truck came to the club.
Steve O’Keeffe, the Herons Reach captain, enthused: “Seeing my clubs being built in front of me was unique.”
• Fairhaven Golf Club, results, men’s prize to the ladies:
Overall winner: Anne Preston, 73; 0-20 handicap: Diana Cockerill (78) 21-28 handicap, Linda Smith (73) 29 to 36 handicap: Susan Mills 75.
Men’s Outhwaite qualifier: 1 M Muschamp and D Cartmell (89-20=69) 2 J Hudson and D Ormsby (84-12.5=71.5) 3 D Butterfield and C Lane (84-12.5=71.5)
• Lancashire retained the Four Counties Junior Tournament title at Herefordshire after storming back from a first round defeat by the hosts.