Fleetwood star McAleny back on track
Fleetwood Town first-team coach Barry Nicholson says Conor McAleny has upped his recovery ahead of Saturday's trip to Plymouth.
McAleny, 25, arrived in the summer on a free transfer from Everton, but after an electric two-goal start to floor Rotherham on the opening day the striker hobbled off with an ankle injury at Northampton a week later.
He made a comeback as a half-time substitute in the 4-1 defeat at Portsmouth last month but has missed the four games since.
Head coach Uwe Rosler revealed McAleny (right) was back in training last week.
And speaking after Tuesday’s win over Morecambe in the Checkatrade Trophy, Nicholsaon said: “Conor McAleny has been back on the grass. He trained on Tuesday with the other first-team lads who were not involved in that night’s game.
“He is coming along nicely. I think most of the boys will be in contention (for Plymouth). It is a really big game and to have competition for places is important for us.”