Fleetwood 1 Leyton Orient 1

Stephen Jordan returned for Fleetwood
Stephen Jordan returned for Fleetwood
Share this article
Have your say

Former Blackpool man Stephen Dobbie pounced with eight minutes remaining to snatch a point and keep Fleetwood Town unbeaten in League One.

Town bossed the opening stages, thrice testing Adam Legzdins in the Orient goal.

Full back Stephen Crainey was instrumental in all three.

First he played a neat one two with David Ball before launching a stinging blast, tipped wide of the post.

Then he picked out the run of Gareth Evans down the left, his cross picking out Ball who forced a reflex save from Legzdins, Jamie Proctor charging in on the rebound but just unable to finish.

The home side could easily have been ahead by the quarter hour but soon found themselvse on the back foot.

Experienced wide man Jobie Macanuff played an important role in the turnaround and would soon be the provider for the first goal scored against Fleetwood in open play since May 3.

There had been two warning shots for Graham Alexander’s men, Darius Henderson twice allowed space to head inside the box - the one time £2m man failing to test Chris Maxwell.

The woodwork had alredy been rattled by Henderson when he was left totally unmarked at the back post, Maxwell down low getting a leg to the ball but unable to prevent it creaping under his body.

Fleetwoood turned up the pressure after the break, Orient’s defence forced into mistakes.

The home side thought they had levelled when Jamie Proctor smashed home the loose ball after Legzdins could only parry Ball’s blast - only to be denied by the offside flag.

Dean Cox almost combined with Henderson to put the game beyond reach, another free header shaking the crossbar.

But it was sub Dobbie who rescued a point.

Sloppy defending gifted Josh Morris a chance to run into the box, the on-loan Blackburn winger taking on two men and teeing up on-loan Palace man Dobbie top smash home.

Matty Blair could have grabbed a winner when the ball rebounded back into his body off the Orient keeper as Fleetwood finished strong.

And a minute later Blair’s rampaging run down the right set up Gareth Evans who couldn’t quite lift the ball into the net with only Orient’s keeper to beat.

It was a tough test passed for Town who remain among the pace-setters.