Pool boss satisfied 'appropriate action' taken following Newport incident

Bowyer now wants to draw a line under the incident
Bowyer now wants to draw a line under the incident
0
Have your say

Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer says the "appropriate action" has been taken by the FA and Newport County after last week's incident.

It comes after the Pool boss said he was struck on the lip by a hard-boiled sweet thrown at him from a group of fans housed just behind the away dugout at Rodney Parade.

It was also claimed other objects including bottles were thrown in their direction as they celebrated Bright Osayi-Samuel’s clinching goal in the final minute of stoppage time during Pool’s 3-1 win.

Bowyer was left furious about the incident and was seen remonstrating with stewards, police and club officials after the final whistle.

READ MORE: Pool boss left furious after being 'struck' by objects

The FA has since confirmed to The Gazette it has opened an investigation into the matter while Newport County AFC confirmed a 13-year-old boy was arrested and charged for throwing an object into the technical area.

Bowyer says he is now happy to draw a line under the incident.

“I said my piece on Saturday and the appropriate action has been taken by people,” he said.

“I could have easily walked away and not said anything but I didn’t do that because I can just see what way the game is going.

“I fear for a manager or a player getting badly hurt and I don’t want that to happen.”