Nottingham Forest v Blackpool LIVE: Updates from the City Ground

This afternoon Blackpool head to the City Ground, the venue of one of the club’s most memorable nights, as they return to action after the international break.

Saturday, 16th October 2021, 12:30 pm
Can the Seasiders continue their good form?

Follow our blog below for live updates...

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Nottingham Forest v Blackpool - live updates

Last updated: Saturday, 16 October, 2021, 16:55

  • FT: Forest 2-1 Blackpool
  • Injury-hit Seasiders return to action after international break
  • Neil Critchley’s side looking to pick up from where they left off
  • Forest rejuvenated under new boss Steve Cooper

That’s it, the home side win 2-1.

Blackpool can have no complaints really, they were beaten by the better side. A lack of an attacking threat was their main downfall.

Max Lowe surges through on goal for Forest but fires wide. Game should be over.

There will be FOUR minutes of time added on.

That should be the game dead and buried.

Joe Lolley pulls the ball back from the right to Lewis Grabban, who fluffs his line and fails to make the right contact on the ball, which ends up bobbling straight into the grateful hands of Dan Grimshaw.

Dan Grimshaw palms away Max Lowe’s powerful drive. Still 2-1.

Jordan Gabriel wins Pool a free-kick near the corner flag after taking the ball past Scott McKenna, who handled.

Luke Garbutt stands over it.

Josh Bowler works the ball well to Jordan Gabriel down the right, but the full-back’s dangerous looking cross is well blocked by a Forest man.

Seasiders now beginning to threaten a bit more.

70 - Another injury blow?

Kenny Dougall is Blackpool's second change of the game, replacing Kevin Stewart who needed some treatment.

Fingers crossed on that one.

Neil Critchley responds quickly to the Forest goal, replacing Tyreece John-Jules with Demetri Mitchell.

Fair to say John-Jules hasn’t had the best of games for the Seasiders this afternoon.

60 - GOAL FOREST (2-1)

Lewis Grabban taps home to restore Forest’s lead.

That was so unfortunate for Dan Grimshaw, who made a superb save to stop the initial shot. But there was nothing he could do to deny Grabban on the rebound.

Pool level for just eight minutes.

Tyreece John-Jules goes to ground in the Forest box after latching onto Jerry Yates' through-ball.

Pool fans want a pen, but no doing

Page 1 of 5