BIRMINGHAM boss Lee Clark insists he knows nothing about rumours linking him with the vacant Blackpool manager’s job.
Clark is currently odds on with the bookies, the eighth different ‘favourite’ for the job since Michael Appleton’s departure 18 days ago.
Pool had been refused permission to talk to the 40-year-old. However, it is believed they made fresh enquiries last week and were told of the compensation figure required to release Clark from his contract.
But the Birmingham manager said: “I got lots of texts about it. There has been a lot of money put on me, hasn’t there?
“As I said when I was asked a couple of weeks ago about their approach, I hadn’t been told about it by anybody. But since, when I had a conversation about it with the club, they said there was no (formal) approach.
“They turned it down. That’s been it really. I’ve never heard anything else.”
Last Friday, Clark went from being a 25/1 outsider to odds on favourite to become Pool’s third manager this season.
The former Huddersfield boss added: “On Friday I got texts – one off Steve Harper and a few other people ... something about Blackpool.
“I thought it was something to do with the rollercoaster there. I don’t even like rollercoasters!”
Blackpool are remaining silent on the search, with chairman Karl Oyston preferring to conduct his business in private.
It’s believed he spoke to several possible candidates yesterday and will do so again today.
Oyston has declined all interview requests in recent weeks but has promised to speak at length to The Gazette once the manager situation is resolved.