Blackpool 4 Forest 4 - manager reaction

Blackpool's David Ferguson (left) is congratulated on scoring by Jamie O'Hara
Blackpool's David Ferguson (left) is congratulated on scoring by Jamie O'Hara
Have your say

Blackpool manager Lee Clark hailed his side’s dramatic late equaliser which salvaged a 4-4 draw against Nottingham Fores.

Blackpool would have moved off the bottom of the Championship with a win, but after leading 2-0 they saw Forest fight back in the second half to edge ahead 4-3 in the 95th minute courtesy of Chris Burke’s late strike.

Yet even with Tom Aldred sent off - as well as having Darren O’Dea and Andrea Orlandi stricken by injuries - the eight-man Seasiders earned a last-gasp point from David Ferguson’s header.

“The lads dug deep and I didn’t actually see the equaliser because I was getting a bit of grief from one of our own fans for not being attacking enough with eight players,” said Clark.

“I was busy having a conversation with him. Thankfully David popped up with the equaliser.

“I’m drained and I wasn’t even involved.

“We’ve deservedly gone in 1-0 up at half-time. We scored a terrific second goal. We shoot ourselves in the foot and quickly it’s two each. We get back in the game and then commit football suicide.

“A point is not enough. We have to start getting back-to-back victories and more points on the road.

“We need to find that elusive first away victory.”

Gary Madine opened the scoring just before half-time and Orlandi added a second for Blackpool on 66 minutes.

But Forest scored twice in two minutes through Dexter Blackstock and Gary Gardner to draw level.

Steve Davies restored the home side’s lead on 73 minutes before former Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury tucked home a penalty - the concession of which saw Aldred red-carded.

O’Dea was then stretchered off to leave Blackpool two men light and Burke thought he had won it for the visitors with a goal five minutes into added time.

But Ferguson headed home to salvage a stunning point, ending Dougie Freedman’s 100 per cent winning record as Forest boss.

“I’ve got mixed emotions. I could have got three wins from three and with a minute to go I was nearly there,” said Freedman.

“I’ve got to set the standards high here and make sure people understand what it is to play for Nottingham Forest.

“From 2-0 down I thought I would take a draw at that moment, and in the first half Blackpool deserved it. They played the conditions better than we did.

“But we looked to be winning the game with seconds to go and we lacked concentration. It’s very alarming for me as a coach that at this level we can give that away.

“You’re in the Championship playing against a team that’s fighting for their lives so you shouldn’t think it is job done.

“The pitch is a definite leveller but it’s a leveller for two teams. In the second half we played much better and scored four goals.”