Lytham boxer Scott Cardle will not now be defending his British lightweight title in Leeds in September 5, after all.
He had been due to appear on the undercard of the big Yorkshire show against an unspecified opponent, but Cardle says there was not sufficient preparation time and the date has been put back.
Cardle said: “I am in full training, but I have told (promoter) Eddie Hearn that I need 10 to 12 weeks preparation and he has agreed to that.
“It is not a question of me pulling out, but it is the biggest fight I will have ever had and I will have to be more than prepared for it and to a standard that I need for such an important bout.
“There is no injury or anything like that and I am looking now to be ready to fight some time in late September or early October.
“There are a number of options for opponents.”
Cardle says another consideration for the postponement is that his trainer Joe Gallagher is busy with four fighters on a bill in Manchester on Saturday and plans to take a two-week holiday after that.
Part of Cardle’s preparation for his re-scheduled title fight will be journeying to Marbella with other members of the Gallagher boxing stable.