Youth rescued from house fire in Fleetwood

A youth was rescued after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a Fleetwood home, say fire services.

Monday, 18th June 2018, 12:16 pm
Updated Tuesday, 19th June 2018, 3:36 pm
Firefighters rescued a casualty from the property on Lindel Road

Firefighters from from Fleetwood and Bispham were called to the fire at a terraced property on Lindel Road just before midnight on Sunday, June 17.

Read More

Read More
Beggars, street drinkers, litter louts and yobs targeted by new ‘Team Blackpool’...

Crews arrived to find a person was still inside the smoke-logged property and helped to lead the casualty to safety.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokesman for the fire service said: "We attended a house fire following a 999 call.

"There was still somebody in the house and he was rescued.

"There was a lot of smoke. We believe the fire started after a pan was left on the hob.

"We sent firefighters in wearing breathing apparatus. They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using fans.

"There was moderate to serious damage by smoke to the property.

"The smoke alarm did its job and helped to raise the alarm. This incident goes to show the importance of having a working smoke alarm."

Ambulance Services say they took one casualty to Blackpool Victoria Hospital suffering with smoke inhalation.

The youth is not believed to have been seriously injured.

Crews spent around an hour at the scene.