Woman trapped by bed fire drama

Fire crews were called
Fire crews were called
Share this article
Have your say

A WOMAN was rescued from her blazing home by firefighters after a fire broke out in her bedroom.

Crews were called to an address on Hawes Side Lane, Marton, at 1.25 this morning after the alarm was raised by a neighbour.

The fire is believed to have been started by a cigarette and the woman had attempted to tackle the flames herself but was overcome by smoke.

She became trapped upstairs in the house and had to be rescued by fire fighters from South Shore Police station.

Steve Palmer, watch manager for the station, said: “A neighbour heard the smoke alarm and called the fire brigade.”

The upper levels of the house were badly smoke logged and her bed was destroyed.