Woman taken to hospital after kitchen fire
A woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out when clothing was left on top of her cooker, say fire services.
Another adult at the property on Saville Road in Blackpool was also treated by firefighters for smoke inhalation.
Crews from South Shore and Blackpool attended the fire after a smoke alarm alerted the family of four to the emergency at around 10.30pm on May 24.
Watch Manager Kevin Warwick said: "We arrived to find two adults and two children outside the property. The adults were treated for smoke inhalation.
"The ground floor of the property was heavily smoke logged.
"We committed two firefighters in breathing apparatus two isolate the cooker and to extinguish the fire that had started on top of the cooker.
"It seems that some clothes had been left on top and these ignited.
"The occupants of this property were very lucky that they had a working smoke alarm.
"We cannot stress enough the importance of having a working smoke alarm in your home."
Nobody was seriously injured during the incident.