Woman suffers smoke inhalation after Ansdell house fire

Two fire engines from St Anne's were called to Fallowfield Road
Two fire engines from St Anne's were called to Fallowfield Road
Share this article

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a pan caught fire at her home in Ansdell, say firefighters.

Two fire engines from St Anne's were called to Fallowfield Road at around 7pm on Monday, June 4 following reports of a kitchen fire.

Read more stories: Man taken to hospital after crash in Lytham

Crews say they arrived to find the woman, who is in her 70s outside the property, with smoke pouring from the house.

A spokesman for the fire service said: "Firefighters extinguished the fire with a hose reel and cleared the property of smoke using fans.

"The woman was given oxygen at the scene.

"The property suffered smoke damage to the ground and first floors."

Paramedics attended the incident but say the woman refused to be taken to hospital.