Woman's quick actions praised after house fire

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

A woman's quick-thinking helped avert disaster after her oven caught fire earlier this evening.

She was praised by firefighters from Bispham after they were called to her home in Willows Avenue, Cleveleys, shortly before 5pm.

A Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "The oven had been left on and it caused the contents to set on fire."

"Luckily, the occupant was alerted by smoke alarms and she evacuated and called 999 straight away.

"We got there quickly and there was minimal damage due to the actions of the occupant."

The oven suffered some fire damage while the rest of the property was been damaged by smoke, which was cleared with the use of fans, the spokesman added.

Nobody was hurt.