Woman rescued from fire by neighbours

Share this article
Have your say

HEROIC neighbours rescued a woman from her blazing home in Blackpool

The 62-year-old was smoking a cigarette in her bed at a flat in General Street when it is thought she fell asleep.

Her bedding caught fire and the bedroom became engulfed in smoke.

Smoke alarms were triggered alerting neighbours.

They broke into the flat and pulled the woman to safety at 4am on Wednesday morning.

She was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital where she was treated for smoke inhalation.

More than a dozen firefighters from Blackpool and Bispham were drafted in to fight the fire.

Nobody else was injured.