A woman has been rescued by firefighters after smoke was seen coming out of the window of her flat.
Fire crews from Bispham and Blackpool were called to Bannister Court, Queen’s Promenade, at around 1pm after receiving a call from a neighbour who feared somebody was trapped inside the property.
Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus rescued a woman and extinguished the fire using a hosereel jet.
They then administered first aid to the woman, who had inhaled smoke, until an ambulance and paramedics arrived.
The cause of the fire has to be established.