A woman and her son have been rescued from a house fire in Fleetwood.
Fire crews were called to Forshaw Close at about 3.30pm on Wednesday, to reports that a woman and child were in a property where a cooking fire had started.
Crew manager Kevin Warwick said: “The individual decided to stay in the house and fight the fire - a neighbour had rung us.
“We attended, two fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and got the people out and put the fire out.
“It was a chip pan fire.
“The kitchen was involved in fire and heavily smoke-logged.
“The pan and the contents were destroyed by the fire and there was some damage to the wall and ceiling.
“The 12-year-old boy was treated at the scene by paramedics, his mum didn’t need any treatment.
“We would like to reiterate, if a fire does start in a property, we would prefer people to get outside and call the fire service from outside, and not to go back inside.”