Woman affected by smoke after Blackpool tumble dryer fire

Firefighters.
Firefighters.

A woman received first aid from firefighters after a tumble dryer fire in Blackpool

At 5.35pm tonight, crews from Blackpool, Bispham, St Annes and South Shore responded to a fire involving a tumble dryer in the laundry room of commercial premises on Normoss Rd Blackpool.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and gave first aid to a woman who had inhaled smoke.

Safety experts are concerned about the number of tumble dryer fires caused by a build-up of fluff in the filters or electrical faults.

Householders have been urged to clean their apppliances regularly and turn them off overnight.