Warning issued after chimney blaze

Miller Crescent, Singleton. Picture: Google
Miller Crescent, Singleton. Picture: Google
Share this article
Have your say

FIRE crews have issued a warning after they were called to tackle a chimney blaze.

Two fire engines and an aerial ladder platform went to Miller Crescent in Singleton at about 4.20pm on Saturday.

A spokesman said a log burner was burning on the wrong side of the flue liner, which had to be removed.

Nobody was injured, but the spokesman said: “We would like to remind people to have their chimneys swept.

“Even though you have log burners with liners, they still need cleaning.”