A fire at a house is thought to have been caused by faulty Christmas lights.
Firefighters were called to Bowgreave, near Garstang, at 4pm on Saturday afternoon to deal with the blaze.
It is thought the fire was started by lights left on on the mantlepiece.
The lounge was badly damaged and the rest of the property was smokelogged.
A Lancashire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Please make sure that all Christmas lights are turned off before leaving the house, and especially before going to bed.
“Remember also to close all your doors before going to bed, and before going out of the house.
“Make sure you test your smoke alarms and buy spare batteries for them.”