Two people rushed to Blackpool Victoria Hospital after gas leak on Gorton Street

Gorton Street in Blackpool.
Gorton Street in Blackpool.
Share this article
0
Have your say

Ambulances rushed two people to Blackpool Victoria Hospital after a gas leak was detected on Gorton Street.

Fire engines were called at around 3am to a gas leak at a house on Gorton Street in Blackpool.

Firefighters say they rescued two people who were then taken to hospital by the North West Ambulance Service.

READ MORE >>> M55 motorhome crash: police commandeer JCB to chase two suspects across fields

Crews then isolated the gas supply and used a gas monitor and a positive ventilation fan to clear the building.

Fire fighters worked at the property for around an hour.