Two hurt in blaze

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

Two woman have been taken to hospital after a chip pan caught fire.

Fleetwood firefighters were called to the home, on Whinfield Avenue, Fleetwood, at 6.30pm when the fire took hold.

The two women, who escaped the blaze, were given oxygen at the scene by the fire service and taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

Fire crews used two breathing apparatus, a hose reel and ventilation unit to tackle the fire, but the blaze damaged the kitchen and ground floor bedrooms.