Resident taken to hospital after fire breaks out in basement of house in Knott End

One person was taken to hospital after breathing in smoke when a fire broke out in a basement of a house in Knott End.

Sunday, 6th May 2018, 11:33 am
Updated Sunday, 6th May 2018, 11:41 am
Stock image

Firefighters from Preesall, Bispham, and Blackpool were called to the house, on the Esplanade, at around 5.20pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

They wore breathing masks and used a water jet to put out the flames, and a fan to clear the smoke.