Blackpool pensioner rescued from flat after kitchen fire

A man has been rescued by firefighters after his kitchen caught fire.

Friday, 30th November 2018, 9:00 am
Updated Friday, 30th November 2018, 10:05 am

Fire crews from Blackpool and South Shore were called to Princess Court, near Central Pier, at 4.58pm yesterday.

Using breathing apparatus, firefighters had to break down the door to enter the first floor flat before rescuing an elderly man.

The man was suffering from smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital by ambulance for treatment.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews used a hose reel to fight the fire, which they extinguished within thirty minutes.