A two-year-old girl hurt when she was pulled from a burning house has been released from hospital.
The youngster had cut her fingers and one of her feet after being helped to safety through a broken first floor window at her home in St Anthony’s Place, North Shore, last weekend.
Police said she and her one-year-old brother were home alone when the fire started shortly after midnight on Saturday, October 8.
A spokesman said no arrests have been made at this stage but declined to comment further while an investigation is carried out.
The fire service said the blaze was caused by a chip pan catching alight.
Crews from Blackpool and Bispham both attended, with a 999 call reporting people were inside the terraced house, though everybody was out by the time firefighters arrived.
The crews spent an hour at the scene, with the blaze causing fire and smoke damage, a spokesman added.
The law doesn’t say an age when one can leave a child on their own, but it’s an offence to leave a child alone if it places them at risk. The NSPCC says ‘babies, toddlers, and very young children should never be left alone’.