Smoke alarm reminder by Blackpool firefighters

Lancashire Fire and Rescue
Lancashire Fire and Rescue
Share this article
Have your say

Firefighters in Blackpool have reminded householders that they can have smoke alarms fitted free .

It follows an incident at sheltered accommodation in Forest Gate, Blackpool, tonight.

A microwave meal overheated and started smoking, but the occupant was alerted by a smoke alarm before the incident escalated.

Firefighters attended and found the flat was smoke logged but no serious damage.

A spokesman said: "The smoke alarm was fixed, working and did its job.

"It made the resident aware of what was going on before the incident could develop."