Resort theatre damaged in blaze

editorial image
Share this article
Have your say

A BLACKPOOL theatre has been damaged after flames broke out in the building.

Five fire engines were called to the incident at The Globe Theatre at the Pleasure Beach just after 11pm yesterday.

Crews managed to prevent flames spreading but the front reception area was badly damaged by fire.

Watch manager Steve Palmer, of South Shore Fire Station, said: “There were no members of the public in the theatre at the time.

“The fire alarms went off and security staff discovered the building was heavily smoke-logged.

“Thanks to their quick actions and the rapid response of the fire service, we were able to prevent the flames spreading further.”

It is believed the blaze was caused by an electrical fault.