Praise for occupant after kitchen fire

Fire story
Fire story
Share this article
Have your say

A female occupant has been praised after firefighters tackled a kitchen fire at a terraced house in Grange Park this evening.

Firefighters from Blackpool fire station attended the incident on Wensleydale Avenue after receiving the emergency call at 6.10pm.

The fire started as a result of a grill pan being left unattended.

Firefighters used breathing equipment and a hose reel.

There was smoke damage to the kitchen. There were no casualties.

The female, on noticing the fire, is said to have correctly shut the door to the kitchen and left the property immediately.

The house had working smoke alarms.